From the Healthy Families, Healthy Environment initiative
- All children are gifts from God. Parents and the broader community are called by God to protect all children from harm.
- All children are affected by exposures to environmental health threats, some of which cause irreversible damage. Children's growing bodies are more vulnerable to pollution than the bodies of adults. From conception forward parents should protect their children from environmental threats to their health and well-being.
- Environmental health threats encountered by parents can lead to serious disruptions of a healthy family life. Parents should protect themselves from environmental health threats for the sake of their families.
- Healthy Families, Healthy Environment will assist parents in protecting their children and themselves from harm from environmental health threats.
- Families helped by the campaign will in turn help poor families disproportionately impacted by environmental hazards.
- Prayer by campaign participants is essential for protecting their families. Healthy Families, Healthy Environment will encourage participants to seek God's aid, guidance, and sustaining grace in protecting children and parents from environmental health threats.
- Healthy Families, Healthy Environment exists to help families fulfill the Great Commandments: to love God and love what God loves.
For more information on evangelical perspectives on environmental health, visit: creationcare.org